Jan 2, 2008

Cell Phones Hate Me

I have no idea why, but every phone I have seems to have some defect or mysteriously looks like it has been dropped several times. *ahem* Yes, Mysteriously.

This past week, my pink Motorola Slvr decided to get waterlogged and stop working completely. Ok, So that's not the whole story but I swear it was a total accident! Since it was a thin phone I liked to keep it in my back pocket, but when I went to the bathroom it just plopped right in and received one more text message before dying. Lucky for me, I spent $100 on it in October. How lovely!

(Thanks Jeremy for letting me borrow your Razr until I can upgrade!)

If you don't know about my other phone fiascoes I will be the first to tell you, they have not been pretty. Namely, when I was visiting Jayme in Salt Lake and threw my phone in a dumpster.

When Jayme asked me to throw away some garbage from her car I got out, threw it away and didn't think another thing of it until I realized my phone was missing.

Looking every possible place it could be with no luck, my heart dropped to my stomach when I realized that the dumpster was now the number one candidate for where I had left it. I took me a couple minutes to tell Jayme it could have been there, so when we made the journey to the germ-infested garbage disposal I just prayed it wasn't there. Jayme dialed my number when we got there and I closed my eyes hoping I wouldn't hear anything. But then, "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me," blasted from inside and my hand shot straight to my forehead. Thankfully, it was almost empty, but jumping into the dumpster was the most disgusting thing I have every done. Especially since I picked up my phone and it had sticky stuff ALL OVER IT! I'm so grossed out just thinking about it. Ew. Ew. Ew. I seriously showered like three times that night and wiped my phone down with hand sanitizer.

And then there was the time I dropped my phone right outside my dorm and the antenna came flying off and I had to spend 20 minutes digging through the snow trying to find it....

And the time I left my phone in the dressing rooms at Urban Outfitters the day after I got cut from Toms...

And the time I dropped my new phone at the gas station completely cracking the screen...

And the time I dropped it at the mall and it did three flips in the air before landing, spilling the battery across the room...

Really, I could go on all day. When I get my new phone, I vow to take great care of it and make it last for at least 6 months....just like I did with the last one.


P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelli LeBaron said...

Hahahahha.
AHHHHHH ahahaha. this makes me laugh so hard.
And it makes me happy to know that I was the last words your cell phone uhmmm...spoke.
Or at least that's what you told me. :P

I'm sorry you have such bad luck with phones. Also, what's with the really random picture of the iphone?

annnd thanks for reading my blog, dude.

Kayce said...

Accidents huh?