Aug 5, 2007

"Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness"- Sophocles

Well, if that's true, I'm screwed. All the wisdom I had left in me was taken out on Wednesday. Yes, my wisdom teeth are gone. I'll be honest with you, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still, it totally sucked.

Sooo, the night before I took a Valium and it knocked me out pretty fast. All I remember was that I had a really, really random dream. It was crazy and through half of it I felt like I was awake, so I didn't really sleep that well. The next morning mom insisted that I woke up at 6:00 in the morning to eat some really delicious pancakes since I wasn't going to be eating for the rest of the day. Jordan had to go down to Cherry Creek to get his hair cut from Jill, so I tagged along hoping to get my mind off the pain I was soon going to endure. Knowing I would have to go straight to my appointment, I made sure that I dressed for success in my $3 pink and white striped shirt and my new grey skinny jeans, both from american eagle. Even if I was going to be drugged up all day, it doesn't hurt to look good. (except I had to wear my stupid glasses and take off my nail polish which was so stupid!)

So when we got to the dentist's office, (and no, the dentist's name was not Dr. Crentist) they put me in a room and started taking my blood pressure and gave me more drugs, or "Happy Pills" as one girl called them. Then I popped in my headphones and slowly drifted off to sleep. Everything else after this point is kind of a blur, so here are the points I remember...but very vaguely.

  • When the nurses moved me to the dentist's chair, I pulled my arm away to put my ipod in my pocket cause it seemed really important that I had it in there....
  • Getting shots in my gums...that part hurt.
  • The dentist pushing out my wisdom teeth and saying "Only two more!!" That part really hurt too. It wasn't fun...in any way.
  • The nurse wiping my eye makeup and saying "You never know if today's the day your going to meet your future husband!" hmmm...I would hope not. Especially since my future husband is Zac Efron. That would not make for a good first impression!
  • Mom asking the people at McDonald's if they serve ice cream in a cup.
  • Madison, Kennady and Stacy being over and helping victoria iron something.
  • Madison's Hair looked super cute.
  • and Finally, i remember spilling ice cream on myself because I was so numb. (really attractive, I know, right?) AND Madison and Kennady both laughed at me. :(
Anyway, I slept the rest of the night, and pretty much the rest of the next day, and my teeth are still really sore, but hopefully I don't have to look like a retard when I eat for much longer!

Now, reason number 34,958 of Why My Life is So Pathetic. My new favorite song of the week is "Material Girls" by Hilary and Haylie Duff! It's especially sad because this is the cover of the c.d. it comes from....I seriously feel like I'm 12. But really, Haylie needs to get a nose job because it is seriously crooked. AND she is a terrible actress. Which really goes for both the sisters, yet I loved the movie. What's a girl to do?



1 comment:

Girls-R-Us!!! said...

But it was so cute when you drooled ice cream!!! We are glad you are feeling better!!!