Aug 15, 2007

Good Times in SLC!

Sooooo, This past weekend we got to go over to Salt Lake so we could see little Halle get her baby blessing! She was as precious as ever and it was so fun to be able to spend time with her before she moves back to Denver. (I'm not sure if I will ever be able to forgive you Jayme and Max!) Oh, I'm just kidding, but the trip was really fun! We took off at 6:00 Friday morning and made it to our destination at about 3:00....Our destination of course being Ikea. After meeting up with Jordan and Victoria and eating we headed straight for the big blue building! I don't even think we were in the store for fifteen minutes before mom had half the store in her shopping cart! As if that wasn't enough, we spent another hour just wandering around looking at all the crap they have there! $250 later we finally left so Halle could see her favorite aunt! That night I stayed in Provo with Kayce and finally got the Hairspray soundtrack! Ohhhh yyyyeeeaaahhh! I'm so singing along the next time I see it! ALSO! HELLO! WE DROVE BY THE PLACE WHERE LINDSAY LOHAN IS SUPPOSEDLY IN REHAB!!!! We didn't see her, but in the window we did see a girl with a blonde hair and it is totally possible that it might have been her!!!! I told Kayce that it was the most exciting thing that I did this summer, which of course is not true....but it could be.

Saturday, Kayce and I went to breakfast with Jordan and Victoria at Kneaders and got the unlimited French Toast. Nobody went to get more because one serving of it was far too much! Then, big shocker, we spent the rest of the day shopping with Mindy! Apparently Ikea wasn't enough because we drove all over the place looking at all the stores that mom likes to go to when she is in Utah. Gardner Village, much to mom's delight, was open until midnight for a luau! So when we were shopping there Jayme and I found the cutest barrettes that were in the shape of tiara's! THEY ARE SOO CUTE! Halle and I got matching ones because we are both princesses and whenever Halle gets enough hair to wear it, we are going to be twins! Halle's blessing was on Sunday and it was a really good day! (except for when Jordan squeezed my arms whenever we took a picture and made me look like a retard!) I also had fun taking pictures of myself with the air on full blast and annoying Kayce! (See Right) After dinner and cake we went up to Orem to see the new place where Kayce was living and basically spent the afternoon chilling out.

Monday was by far the most eventful
day of our trip, in my own personal opinion. We woke up early in hopes of getting out of there in a timely manner. Dad had spent all weekend trying to fix the passport (a.k.a. my future car!) so he was trying to finish it up before we left. We finally left and headed up to Provo with a detour to see Kayce's real life apartment and help her take some stuff up. Then we made a lot of other pit stops on the way to Jordan's house and dad finally decided to take the car in to get it fixed. Since mom and I were wasting precious shopping time, she had them drop us off on a corner across from Robert's crafts so we could go look. At this point I was starting to feel kind of sick cause I hadn't had anything to eat all day but didn't really think anything of it because I do it all the time. By the time we left the craft store I was really not feeling good so we went to a health food store so I could get something to eat. When we were walking around I was getting really hot and really dizzy. When mom was buying the stuff I got incredibly dizzy and just needed to sit down. I walked away and thought to myself, "Oh this is a good place to lie down!" Right in the middle of the floor I plopped down and passed out. The next thing I remember is mom leaning over me saying, "Are you ok!" Of course I didn't want to worry mom so I quickly told her I was fine even though I was totally freaking out, and at that point I didn't realize mom was yelling, "CALL 911," to the whole store. There was a bench right outside where I fell so I sat down on it but there was an old man on there reading his newspaper and when I looked up his wife was yelling at him, "What is wrong with you? Can't you get up and help?!" It was so funny and if I hadn't been crying I would have been dying from laughter! Jordan, however, wins for best comment when he said, "So, Kali, Good to see you alive." Thanks, Thanks alot. The next 8 hours were spent driving home and mom endlessly asking me if I was ok... and for the record I was totally fine! I'm never passing out again in front of mom.

Next trip to Utah, I will be moving back there...sadness all around.

3 comments:

Kayce said...

Kali it sounds like you had sooo much fun out here so I don't know why you're complaining about coming back. You won't even have to go shopping with mom when you come back. I vote you come back the 26th so you can be here for the first dinner in my new place! Huzzah!

Jayme said...

We miss you!!! I can't wait until you and Halle can be twins. Oh, and we are glad that you are alive too :)

Kayce said...

By the way, it IS where Lindsey Lohan is in rehab. I'm almost 100% sure.